CONSULTANCY TO SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF WILDLIFE PROGRAMME
In light of the Zambian Governments prioritization of Wildlife and Tourism as one of the top three economic growth sectors in Zambia, WWF Zambia Country office has embarked on a strategic transformation of its species and protected areas projects into a coherent, long term strategic programme for effective delivery and attainment of conservation impact at scale. The purpose of this assignment is to support WWF-Zambia to develop its five year Wildlife Programme strategy and action plan document for the period 2018- 2023.
WWF Zambia recently revised its conservation strategy. The revised strategy is guided by our vision of ensuring that the environment, natural resources and biodiversity in Zambia are secured and sustainably managed for people and nature. In order to realise this vision we have four goals related to Forests, People, Freshwater and Wildlife. The Wildlife programme will be designed to deliver the wildlife goal which is “Critical wildlife habitats in focal landscapes support viable, stable or increasing populations of Zambia’s priority species”. The programme document will be used to guide the development and nurturing of our strategic wildlife conservation partnerships, programmes, fundraising and internal capacity development.
Consultants Profile required
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in strategic plans development and writing – ideally within strong conservation natural resources management planning
- Strong programme design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent, and consistent documents including situational analysis, theory of change, results frameworks, and budgets
- Strong facilitation skills and critical analytical thinking
- Experience with global wildlife conservation issues
- Strong and demonstrated experience considering: conservation and development components; relationships across scales of action from site to national to international; and realities involved in balancing strategic objectives with operational or financial constraints.
- Sensitivity to local beliefs, manners, and customs and ability to act with integrity and honesty in interactions with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to generate high quality, rich, readable products on time and in line with expected deliverables.
- Ability to integrate different experiences, methodologies, and approaches from a diverse range of stakeholders, organisations, and technical experts from multiple sectors.
How to apply?
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 2nd December 2017
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.